Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Quote/Unquote

I've been feeling a bit blue this week so I decided that some fall cleaning would cheer me up. In doing so, I came across my well-used daytimer from 2002. I used to keep track meticulously of all of my activities and in the blank spaces I would write down song lyrics, quotes, or random thoughts that occured to me. In flipping through the pages, I came across some beautiful words and I thought that they might shine some light into YOUR corner of the world, wherever YOU happen to be.

Other men said they have seen angels,
But I have seen thee
And thou art enough.
- G. Moore

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

One word frees us
Of all the weight and pain in life
That word is Love.
- Socrates

To love a person is to learn the song
That is in their heart,
And to sing it to them
When they have forgotten.

You may only be one person to the world
But you may also be the world to one person

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

Love is trembling happiness.
- Kahlil Gibran

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.
- Benjamin Disraeli

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
For that which is essential is invisible to the eye.
- The Little Prince

The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss.

Come live in my heart and pay no rent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home