Monday, September 19, 2005

Intersecting Lines



The weekend was good (for the most part!):

- Attended a pretty crazy party
- Played poker for the first time (won ~$7)
- Participated in the Terry Fox Run early Sunday morning
- Scrabble galore at the Sugarbowl Sunday night
- Lots of reading and writing and artwork
- Good decisions
- Bad decisions
- Flirted shamelessly with someone interesting


I know vague, point-form recaps aren't that exciting, but for a variety of reasons I'm reluctant to share too much more detail than that for now.

However, I will share this story:

It's funny how certain people continue to cross paths over and again in ones life. For me, there is a guy that I went to school with from nursery all the way to University. Our families knew each other and our older brothers were friends. We were never extremely close, but always had a congenial, friendly relationship. In University, we were both involved in the Students' Union and both assisted with a number of bands/concerts/events that took place on campus.

After University we lost touch with each other when I moved from Calgary to Edmonton. Then, one night, I was out at a party in Edmonton and ran into him once again! It turned out that he was the promoter for the party and we laughed at how our lives seemed destined to continue to intersect. After that meetup, I didn't see him again until we met up at a most unlikely event: The Canadian Country Music Awards in Calgary. I'm not exactly sure how he was connected to that event, but I was there because I was the guest of a musician who was doing a tribute to Gordon Lightfoot who was being inducted into the Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame. When he saw me, he couldn't hold back his surprise and laughter at seeing me at such an unlikely event and I could tell he was wondering exactly how I was connected to the musician I was with.

Now, fast forward to this past week. I recently made the acquaintance of a most intriguing guy and found out that he works for the friend that continues to jump in and out of my life! What a small, small world. Most embarrassingly, my friend recounted this whole story to the guy I was just getting to know leaving him with a hilarious first impression of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home