Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Flushed with the Night

There is a definite chill in the air these days. The sun is setting earlier and it reminds me that winter is lying in wait around the corner, ready to pounce on us at any moment. Last night Keith and I traipsed through fallen yellow leaves. We had dinner at the New York Bagel Cafe in its warm, earthy ambience where we were serenaded by a classical guitar player who sang softly in Spanish. We ended the evening by sipping a delicious merlot at Savoy.

This morning, I woke up earlier than normal and saw the most beautiful sunrise. The sky was filled with orange and pink hues and it filled me with optimism even though I was headed to have a root canal. As it turns out, the endodontist advised me to wait six months and give my pesky tooth a chance to heal before having any more dental surgery. I breathed a big sigh of relief and was more than happy to leave his office unscathed.

And when you ran to me
Your cheeks flushed with the night
We walked on frosted fields
Of juniper and lamplight
I held your hand
-Simon and Garfunkel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home