Sunday, September 25, 2005

Family

It's 1:30am on Saturday night and I am at my favourite aunt and uncle's place in Calgary. This whole weekend (so far) has been filled with hanging out with family members and it's been wonderful. For those of you who know me well, you know how monumental a weekend like this is. I've reconnected with a number of relatives that I haven't seen in a long time, had some excellent conversations, and have felt really loved.

This afternoon I had the opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with my Dad -- something that very rarely happens. It was amazing. We didn't have any long, in-depth talks, but that's not really my Dad's style. Instead, we wandered around Chinook Centre (shopping mall) and my Dad generously treated me to some new clothes! Then, unexpectedly, right before we were going to say goodbye, he asked me how I was REALLY doing and patiently listened while I talked. Although that probably doesn't sound earth-shattering, it meant so much to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am really happy to hear that this weekend went the way it did for you. i *know* exactly how important it is to feel how this made you feel, and i am glad you finally got that emotional hug you longed for.
see you soon.

9/26/2005 12:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home