Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Somewhere You are Dreaming

Owwwww, my body is aching! Last night, I had my first pilates class and it was a killer! I decided to take the level 2 class because it was recommended for people with some yoga experience, but after last night's class I've decided to drop back to the level 1. There were only 4 other people in the class and each of them had sleek, pilates-worked bodies. Through each move, the instructor would show us an easy, intermediate, and advanced position and all of my classmates bent easily into the advanced. I was out of my league! I bit my lip and stuck it through but will definitely feel more comfortable in a beginner class.

Then, the torture on my body continued today. I went out for a run with my boss, some pre-hires for the police, and some students who are planning on applying to the police, and was pushed beyond my comfort zone. I thought we were going out to do a leisurely 5km run (the usual) but my boss, a former trainer, took us on a gruelling 10km run that involved doing stairs, pushups, and situps. Eeeeep. I kept up with them, which I am exceptionally proud of, but I can feel the muscle soreness coming.

The level 1 pilates class is tonight and I think after that I am going to have to take a hot bath and head to bed if I'd like to be mobile tomorrow. I can't emphasize enough though, how much exercise changes the way I feel, think, and move through the world. If I've run during the day then I am less apt to get depressed, angry, or upset about things. It's like an antidote to negative feelings.

Last night I met Heather for tea and a wonderful conversation. Interestingly (or coincidentally), the person who's been very much in my thoughts walked in to the tea shop and either did not see me, or saw me but pretended that he didn't (I'd like to believe that it was the former, but realistically it was more likely the latter.) I was planning on saying hello, but he left before I had a chance. However, even without directly interacting with him, I'm glad that he crossed my path because it prompted me to talk to Heather about some of my thoughts and she had very good perspective and advice that I will take to heart. I am earnestly trying to smooth over the parts of my life that have wrinkles, but it may not be successful. Only time will tell.

I am happy that I have you
Even though you're not here now
I know somewhere you are dreaming
Though it's definitely not of me
- Martin Lee Gore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home