Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Welcome to Winter

Winter is upon us. Every year, the first cold days feel like a shock to the system. I went for a run last night along River Valley Road and the cold wind coming off the river burned my ears, flushed my cheeks, and made my skin tingle. It felt like the wind was permeating through my skin and sinking deep into my bones. I'm not complaining though, I would take running in cool weather over sweltering heat any day. Last night I ran with a friend who is a little slower and slightly less in shape than me. It made me feel strong to be the one encouraging him to keep going and to count down the last two-minutes until the next walk break. I know how it feels to be pushed beyond one's comfort zone and I know how much of a difference it can make to have someone running alongside saying "you CAN do it…keep going!"

Afterwards, we went for dinner and then saw the movie "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" which I would highly recommend. I hadn't heard much about it and expected from the title that it would be a James Bond-like spy movie, however, it was much more of a comedy that was absolutely hilarious! I'm giggling to myself as I write this thinking back to a few choice scenes. Hahahaha. Go see it, blog reader, and then talk to me about it afterwards so we can giggle together : )

I am in good spirits. I have a lot going on at work and otherwise but I find myself happiest when that is the case. Next week I'll be in Regina from Tuesday to Thursday on a business trip related to the major project that I'm beginning work on. Business trips seem like such an adult thing, something that my dad would go on, but not me. I still feel sometimes like a child playing the role of an adult. I think part of the feeling comes from having so many friends who are either students or in non-professional jobs. Their youthfullness rubs off on me and ensures that I don't take myself too seriously.

I put on my overcoat and walked into winter
My teeth chattered rhythms
And they were grouped in twos or threes,
Like a morse code message was sent from me to me.

- Death Cab for Cutie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home