Monday, May 15, 2006

You You You

better than me
are you
kinder than me
are you
sweeter smarter faster
you you you
prettier than me
stronger than me
lonelier than me
I want to get to know you
better and better
- Leonard Cohen

We sat on the rocks by the river and talked about the future. The sun lit up your hair and burned freckles onto my forehead. The wind carried the sweet fragrance of cherry blossom trees and it seemed to follow us wherever we went. If I had to imagine a perfect Sunday afternoon it might be just like today. I tried to hold onto that feeling of perfection and use it to overcome the melancholia of the evening. A noble attempt that almost worked. Almost.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awe, i understand. it does sound like you had a nice visit. i spent most of my day alone because i needed to. i thought of you several times, i should have just called...
i did the family thing for a bit later in the day, even though it was lacking that one special person...in body at least...perhaps not in spirit.
le sigh.
well...have fun tonight! hopefully we'll see you for a bit thursday?

5/15/2006 11:25 a.m.  
Blogger blumaroo said...

Today

We are on the rocks
Private parades of twigs and
ducks rivering past us
Sun shining freckles
into my forehead and
I watch your voice
prisming words and
know winds will sail them
towards tomorrow

5/30/2006 11:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home