Thursday, April 13, 2006

Eleven Sandwiches

Last night at Tim Horton's:

Eli: Hi, I'd like to order eleven sandwiches.
Employee 1: Eleven sandwiches?! Eleven sandwiches?! I'm NOT making eleven sandwiches!
Employee 1 (yelling at people in kitchen): We need ELEVEN sandwiches!
Employee 1(to Employee 2): You need to go on Sandwich duty because we have eleven sandwiches to make.
Employee 2: I'm not making them, YOU make them.
Employee 1: No, I'm not on soup and sandwich. YOU make them.
Employee 2: Fine, but he better tip us.
Employee 2 (to Eli): You better tip us.
Eli: Okay, okay, I'll tip you.
Employee 1 (speaking so loudly that everyone in the store could hear): Eleven sandwiches! Eleven sandwiches! I can't believe you need eleven sandwiches!
Eli (to growing line that is gathering): YES, I AM ORDERING ELEVEN SANDWICHES.
Employee 1: Okay, what type of sandwiches do you want?
Eli: 3 tuna, 3 chicken salad, 3 turkey…
Employee 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa! I can only order them one at a time.
Eli: Okay, 3 tuna. 3 chicken salad...
Employee 1: Wait! Wait! Okay, tuna sandwich (long pause as she tries to find the key). And another tuna sandwich (another long pause as she finds the key). Hmmm, how many is that? Two? Okay, one more tuna sandwich.
Eli: Okay, you have 3 tuna sandwiches, right? Now, 3 chicken salad.
Employee 1: Wait, wait, wait! I can only do them one at a time! One chicken salad sandwich (long pause as she now tries to find that key). And another chicken salad sandwich…etc.


An eternity passes while we wait for the girl to punch in all the sandwiches. The line behind us grows and grows and grows. Finally she gives the total and Eli hands over the money and pays for it.

Employee 1: Why do you need eleven sandwiches?
Eli: It's for a band and their whole crew.
Employee 1: Oh. So, umm, are these to go?
Eli: Yes.
Employee 2: Did he tip us? Did he tip us?
Eli: I'm tipping you right now.
Employee 2: That's not much of a tip for eleven sandwiches.

About 20 minutes later, we finally got our eleven sandwiches. The entire time Employee 2 made little comments making us feel like this was some great privilege that she was making them for us! I'd highly recommend going anywhere other than Tim Horton's the next time you need eleven sandwiches.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaahahaha. That's hilarious. What a bunch of goofs. Made for a good entry though.

4/13/2006 4:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!! and they say that the service in *germany* was terrible :-)

4/14/2006 4:52 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, me thinks you may have visited a certain shop on Jasper Ave. Am I right?

4/14/2006 2:21 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you rule leah.
next time i'm in etown, i am so ordering 11 sandwichs from Timmies.
just to make them squirm.

4/17/2006 10:20 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had similar experiences at Tim Horton's before. I watched the person in front of me get made a sandwich, but the dumb cunt wouldn't even toast me a bagel because, "I said I wasn't making any more sandwiches after this one." It wasn't busy.

4/21/2006 8:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to hear how lame jared leto and the posse were. i'm also very sorry to hear that people that are being paid hourly to serve customers have such difficulty doing just that. what the fuck. that said, i'm NOT surprised about the snobbish jordan catalano, nor am i surprised about the incompetency at timmy's. pooh.

5/02/2006 4:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home