Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

On March 29, 2005 I started this blog. I started it with the intention to just write more. I've long known that writing is, for me, a way to heal, a way to cope with the world, a way to relish things that make me happy, and a way to problem-solve things that I am having difficulty with. I just wanted to write more and I liked the idea of sharing my thoughts with friends and strangers alike.

A year ago I was in a much different state. I had so much angst and sadness and anxiety and conflict in my life then. I let a toxic group of people infect me with their poison. Things are much different now. I am in love with someone wonderful, I am surrounded by incredible friends, I am EXCITED about my future, and I am in a much happier place entirely. There are still those who try to hurt me with words or actions but I'm usually quite good at letting their negativity bounce right off me.


*bounce*

So, what's new? I found out on Friday that I've been short-listed for a position that I applied for. I wasn't really looking for another job but an opportunity came along that I just couldn't resist applying for. The next steps are an exam and an interview. The exam consists of a case study that I will have to analyze and present to a panel. I have stiff competition for the position so it's unlikely that I'll be going anywhere but exciting to think about nonetheless.

And, before I end this entry, I feel like I should welcome all the new visitors who have come to visit my little blog. I hope you don't find it too…ummm…boring ;)

One by one the guests arrive
The guests are coming through
The open-hearted many
The broken-hearted few

And those who dance begin to dance
And those who weep begin
Welcome, welcome, cries a voice
Let all my guests come in
- An excerpt from 'The Guests' by Leonard Cohen

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Glad to hear things are going well.

3/29/2006 9:15 p.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

Thanks Nigel : ) It's nice to see you pop your head in. It's been ages since I've seen/talked to you! You should give me a call the next time you visit your parents.

3/29/2006 9:54 p.m.  
Blogger Derelict said...

Happy one year! That's actually quite a while to be consistently doing a blog. I always enjoy your blog, even it gets a bit melancholy on occassion. I think it must be all the Leonard Cohen quotes.

3/30/2006 1:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know i'm your biggest fan. i was so happy when you started writing because i knew what a great outlet (creative and otherwise) it was for you AND i got to read your writing more often. win - win.

love you.

3/30/2006 10:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home