Thursday, April 06, 2006

Applause, Applause, Life is Our Cause

le sigh.

I am in the midst of a bureaucratic nightmare at work. It would bore you to death and I don't want to cause any blog-related fatalities so you'll just have to go with my vague complaint that sometimes work kills something deep down inside me (my soul?). In the middle of this most awkward, intimidating meeting I began to fantasize about tipping over the boardroom table and smashing things on the floor while yelling "I quit, I quit, I quit!" It's days like this that I can almost hear Vancouver softly beckoning. Almost. Not quite.

I am in a weird mood.

My cat bit me today in a mean way. It's the first time ever that she's done that. My feelings (and hand) were genuinely hurt when it happened.

I think Joni Mitchell's "All I Want" is the most perfect song. I want to learn how to play it on guitar. I'd like to play it for you by campfire this summer.

My roommate is ticking me off this week. We are having a contest to see who will put off doing dishes the longest. I am going away for the weekend so I think I'm going to win. He doesn't know we're having a contest but we totally are.


My hair is fluorescent blonde (aka: white) in places. It's eerie.

Monday and Tuesday I get to learn how to testify in court. Apparently, I will get to take a field trip to an actual court room to practice. Practicing testifying seems wrong to me but they are willing to pay me to do it so I'm not going to argue.

Sylvia Plath said "There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them. Whenever I'm sad I'm going to die, or so nervous I can't sleep, or in love with somebody I won't be seeing for a week, I slump down just so far and then I say: 'I'll go take a hot bath.' She was so right and I wish she would have remembered that before sticking her head in an oven.

Did you know that people who have just fallen in love spend over 85% of their waking hours thinking about their amour? Source: Psychology Today

I am going to Calgary this weekend and will potentially see 8 family members. So rare. I hope it goes okay.

Actual list on my fridge:
- garbage bags
- dishwasher soap

- cha-cha lessons
- 26 small anteaters
- 2 large sandwiches
- keys to the bank
- pants
- 56 sliced pickles

- cat dancing lessons
- 13.5 pickup trucks
- 3 pink boots
- afro wig
- "better kibble!" - Reese
- opera tickets
- oversized book shelves

Everytime I go to the fridge there seem to be more items added to the list. It makes me smile even on days when I don't feel like smiling.


I'm so very lucky.

I'm in a weird mood. I think I already said that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man. this made me lol. great post leah. what is with that list? anteaters? really!? i'll let you know if i see any on sale while i try to get my travel list ready this weekend. cha cha lessons. oh i'll teach you the cha cha bee bee. he he he. *twirls she-stache*

ps. your hair looks really good and i want to get my hair done now. deperately.

love you.

4/07/2006 11:10 a.m.  
Blogger michelle. said...

LEAH, you're so lovely. we haven't hung out for a while. today's list made me smile amidst a weird mood. i'm sorry your cat bit you and i am curious about the anteaters...

enjoy your weekend in calgary. let's do something when you're back...ok? unless you don't want to...

4/07/2006 3:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

instead of better kibble, you could try the odd can of tuna. makes for a very happy cat around these parts! :)

4/10/2006 1:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home