Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Firsts

This past weekend Eli and I went to Calgary so that he could meet my Dad and stepmom for the first time. It went really well. He was charming and eloquent and on his very best behaviour and made a great impression. We all went for breakfast and he made sure to NOT order any bacon or ham because he wanted to appear to be a "good Jew". It was awfully cute even though they wouldn't have cared either way. When he got up to go to the bathroom they leaned across the table and whispered "Oooooh, he's REALLY nice".

Last night I went for my very first skateboard ride ever. It was more difficult than I thought but much more fun than I expected. I loved the feeling of pushing and gliding and steering. I loved the challenge of balancing side to side and the anxiety rush that came with every wobble of the board. It took every ounce of concentration I had and I revelled in the feeling of being completely absorbed in something new.

Zooooooooooooooooom!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute.
i can totally hear them saying that, (even though i've never met them). it's just so typical/parental. i'm glad it went well. i think he's REEEEEEALLY nice too. : )

in fact, i like you both quite a fuckin' lot!

L8R S8R. haha. you can be my new co-skate-betty-bitch. yay.

4/11/2006 5:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home