Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sunbeams

Every morning for the past week I've opted to ride my bike to work. The ride has been exceptionally short as I'm staying at a house very close to my work. The short ride has been lovely because it's been slowly easing me into the routine of riding. Biking to work has meant not having to deal with traffic or other frustrations that accompany driving. It's meant feeling the wind in my hair and the sunshine on my face and waking up in a more natural, healthy way. I like it. I think bike commuting is going to be my primary mode of transportation even though it's a much more significant (uphill) ride to work from my home. Still, I'm committed to doing it and I'm willing to wake up a bit earlier to facilitate doing so.

Living at Kim and Royce's and taking care of their beloved dog has been great. As Eli wrote here, it's felt a lot like we are playing house. It's a bit strange to live in someone else's space but we settled in and have felt remarkably comfortable. There is so much that I love about Eli and this period of living together has only served to solidify those feelings. Awww, I'm so happy these days. On Thursday, we go back to our regular lives and regular homes. I hope my cat still likes me.

Tonight I am going to the Franz Ferdinand/Death Cab for Cutie show at the Shaw Conference Centre. I am very excited! Tickets sold out right away and I was disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to go but a few days ago I learned that I would, in fact, be going! Yay! Yay! Yay!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course leah...
you will always get tickets...
its a perk of sleeping with the enemy. :D
JUST JOKING!
Lovekeith

4/25/2006 8:20 p.m.  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

awww...cute.
i'm sure sensi is loving having you there too :)
you two are good friends for doing that for Kim and Royboy.
:) I know how much they appreciate it and I'm glad you are enjoying the change as well.
ciao!

4/27/2006 1:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i just say that you guys totally saved my whole vacation? *heart*
i was sooooooo sad to leave her, and coming home to her all happy and cared for and well-behaved. awe. i can never thank you enough. i'm so glad you two had fun. sensi loves her new family.

5/02/2006 4:53 p.m.  
Blogger Penguin said...

Your entry made me consider for a moment the possibility of actually biking to work myself. Hmmmm....

What do you do about helmet head and body stink??

5/03/2006 4:38 p.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

Avideh, you should TOTALLY bike to work! It's a short bike ride for you with no hills (except that little one on the other side of the high level bridge). It would take you 30 minutes if you were really slow and more likely 15 - 20 minutes.

There is a shower at my work so I just bring my work clothes with me and get ready here. Is there a shower at your office?

Today I biked from Eli's place (near Faculte St. Jean) all the way to my office. It took 40 minutes at a fairly leisurely pace.

5/04/2006 2:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a shower at your work?
W O W !
i'm impressed!

5/05/2006 11:32 a.m.  
Blogger Penguin said...

No showers at work for me. My assistant bikes to work and uses baby wipes to wash up in the bathroom.

Wanna get together this week or weekend? I miss you. I saw a little girl at the grocery store yesterday that looked like what I imagine you to have looked like when you were young. {So I kicked her.}

5/08/2006 3:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home