Tuesday, January 10, 2006

On and on

Phew! My life has been hectic these days. My work days have been filled with meetings, deadlines, and major projects and my evenings have been filled with lots of socializing. Things are fantastic but I'm feeling the strong need to slow down slightly so that I don't collapse from exhaustion. I can tell that I'm taxing my body because I've had a cold that has been lingering for a couple weeks and a cough that has been lingering for months.

On Friday night I hosted a martini party at my place that was attended by about 25 people. I stressed about it for weeks, trying to plan the right proportions of alcohol, making sure I had enough glasses, and worrying about how all of those people would fit in my apartment but in the end it all worked out! The worst thing that happened was receiving a noise complaint from my "sleep deprived neighbour" who stuck a note under my door the next day. All in all it was a great success!

One of the things that I clearly remember about my mom was what an amazing organizer/host that she was. I have vivid memories of my mom cooking and preparing all day for parties that were thrown at our house. After she died, I was taken aback by how many people commented on the parties they had attended at our house and how sociable and welcoming she was. As I put out my nicely decorated veggie platters, antipasto and crackers, and other snacks, I thought about how much she impacts my life even though she isn't here.

Ooooh, some exciting news! I have a trip planned to go to Vancouver at the beginning of March. I bought my plane tickets yesterday so it's now official! I will be going to visit my good friend Julia who I last saw in the summer and miss lots! In addition, Eli is going to be in Vancouver at the same time and we are going to go to see Stereolab and then fly back to Edmonton together! Yay! It will be a real vacation and I am super excited!

Will I see you give more than I can take?
Will I only harvest some?
As the days fly past will we lose our grasp

Or fuse it in the sun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home