Saturday, December 24, 2005

And now I'm in Calgary

Today was a very busy day to be in an airport! I left Vancouver just as the sun was starting to peek through the clouds and made my way to Edmonton where I picked up my car and drove down the very busy Highway 2 to Calgary. I went directly to my Dad's and went out for dinner with him and my stepmom. Once we got through the "are you dating anyone? how's your job? are you dating anyone? how's your condo? are you dating anyone? have you lost weight? are you dating anyone?" inquistion we were able to settle into a normal conversation. We then tried to go see a movie but it appears that everyone in Calgary had the exact same idea as every movie that looked remotely interesting was sold out. We settled for wandering around the mall which was much less busy than I thought it would be and I bought a beautiful pair of long black boots. Oooh la la, there will be more skirt wearing in my future!

It's now 11pm and both my Dad and stepmom have gone to bed! It's okay because truthfully I am exhausted and am looking forward to curling up in bed with a book. Not the most exciting Friday night but the perfect start to the holidays. I just had a short phone call with a certain guy whose been occupying a lot of my thoughts. I miss him and am looking forward to seeing him in a few days. This is the longest we've gone without talking/seeing each other in months but it's kind of nice to miss him. When we are able to hang out it will all be that much sweeter. Awww. Whose feeling nauseated by the sweetness of this post? Me, so I'll stop swooning!

I am very excited because tomorrow I am meeting up with Jen! Yay! Jen is the friend that I wish would have followed me to Edmonton when I moved there. Don't you wish you could pack up your best friends and just have them follow you around as you live your life? Well, selfish her, decided to stay in Calgary and pursue a phD so I have had to settle for seeing her on a less than regular basis. The great thing is, she's the kind of friend who I can pick up with and have it seem like no time at all has passed. She's the friend who sees through all the layers and probably knows me better than I even know myself. She's a friend for life, for sure.

Alright, my bed and book are calling...

Goodnight!

1 Comments:

Blogger Derelict said...

Sounds like you were on the highway, probably around the same time as me. I left for Calgary at around 3pm. It was crazy trying to get out of town, but once I was on the highway, it wasn't so bad. I'm back now, though, and at work. :(

12/25/2005 9:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home