Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Fuse is Getting Shorter

Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it. And happy holidays to everyone else! I knew it was going to happen and it did: I have reached the saturation point with my family. My brother's arrogance, my Dad's nit-picking, and my stepmom's incessant questioning is starting to annoy me and it's taking every ounce of patience to not snap at everyone. Last night everyone went to bed at 10pm and I, who am used to staying up for at least 3 or more hours more, wasn't the least bit tired. I decided to go for a walk and made the mistake of announcing this to my Dad. Now, keep in mind that my parent's live in a VERY nice neighborhood in Calgary where the police calls probably have more to do with neighbor disputes than anything remotely sinister. Still, my Dad and stepmom tried their hardest to talk me out of my walk but I persisted, walked, and came back in one piece.

So, yes, they are starting to drive me a little crazy but I keep reminding myself that it's the holidays, that I should try to be on my best behaviour, that they mean well, and that I will be heading back to a wholly independent life tomorrow.

Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

: )

4 Comments:

Blogger Derelict said...

Haha, I know what you mean about family. This was a pretty good visit (considering I was only there for a couple days, though, it doesn't mean much) but today I was kind of getting pissed at my folks. I have to work until midnight today, but my dad still felt it was neccessary to wake me up at 8am. I don't know what he was thinking. Anyways, it's a sore point with me, 'cause my dad ALWAYS has to wake me up, even during the holidays. Maybe he does so 'cause he used to wake me up early for swimming and school. It drives me nuts, though.

12/25/2005 9:33 p.m.  
Blogger Darth! said...

Oh family! There is certainly something to be said for peace and quiet. And for not shopping on Boxing Day.

Thanks for the link-back.

12/26/2005 12:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok miss.
i am missing your blog now.
get a move on. what about your birthday? your nye? leave me hanging...

*wink*

1/03/2006 11:05 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah! What did you independently do for NYE?

1/03/2006 2:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home