Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year

Welcome to 2006! I'm back to my regularly scheduled life after more than a week of holidays. I had ten days off and I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them! The last week was a flurry of activity with parties, family dinners, Hanukkah/Christmas celebrations, birthday celebrations and New Years Eve but I still managed to have ample time to relax and recharge.

By the way, do you know how nice it is to have people requesting blog updates? Awwwww, thanks readers! I love you all! How was my birthday? Excellent! I had an impromptu wine-fuelled get together at my place and drank enough to help me forget how old I turned. I think I'm 23 or 25 or something ; )

How was New Years Eve? Awesome! I had a great night. I started the evening with drinks at a friend's place, then went to the Starlite Room for
Eli's party. I was so impressed with how well everything came together for him. The party was filled with around 900 people who were smiling, looking beautiful, and having a blast. I serendipitously ran into my...ummm...boyfriend (that's going to take some getting used to) at midnight and was able to give him a kiss. At around 1ish, I left that party and went over to the GOMP party which was also fantastic! It was so nice to walk into a room and see so many familiar faces. I danced and danced and danced until I could dance no more. It was a great start to the new year!

Ummm...what else can I tell you? Well, as mentioned above I have started dating someone. Although, starting is a relative term since this has been a slow and delicate dance for a while. I don't want to make any of you queasy so I'll resist the temptation to wax poetic. Instead, I'll just say that I'm happy and excited to see where the new year takes me/us.


You can fly away to the end of the world
But where does it get you to?
'Cause just when you least expect it
Just what you least expect

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting...your post time is my birthdate! yay! haha, anyhow, good to see you back on zee horse. i've missed your entries...even though we chat and see each other enough now that i don't need them for updates, i just like having them to read. i am pleased that you are also starting the new year on a positive note and that we both have so very much to look forward to. *cheers*

1/04/2006 12:46 p.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

it's true...there is a lot to look forward to. i definitely think we should make kim/leah bailey's evenings a scheduled part of 2006 : )

1/04/2006 3:19 p.m.  
Blogger Derelict said...

Glad to hear you had a good NYE! Too bad I didn't see you at the party. Oh well, despite being only semi-conscious I was attempting to send out good vibes ... or something. ;P

1/04/2006 5:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update is appreciated! Thought I would post that even though I read this yesterday.

As well, new relationships are tops in my books. Nothing quite compares to that feeling.

1/05/2006 10:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home