Sunday, December 18, 2005

Much too much

Sometimes I wish I was a cat. Or more specifically, sometimes I wish I was MY cat. Right now, she is curled up in a little ball beside my computer, purring happily away simply because I'm home. That's seriously all it takes to make her happy. Every now and then I stroke her head and she responds by making cute little chriping sounds. It is so cute it makes me want to vomit.

I wish that simple things could make me as happy. Instead, I am mired by always wanting more. By thinking about what could be. By analyzing and evaluating EVERYTHING until my head feels like it's going to explode. I think too much. I worry too much. I wear my heart on my sleeve too much. I let people walk all over me too much. Too much!

I recently got a hair cut that changed my look drastically. If only a personality change could be as easily ordered, purchased, and implemented.

Am I reading too much into the way you touch me?
When you brush by, it's much too much
Am I reading too much into nothing?

Am I reading too much into the things you do?
And do they mean the same to you?
Am I reading too much into nothing?

Am I thinking too hard about the things you say?
A glance can last me one whole day
- John Wesley Harding

3 Comments:

Blogger Derelict said...

Don't worry!

12/20/2005 8:14 p.m.  
Blogger Derelict said...

ps. The message board is down, I really need a backup for entertainment at work. ;)

12/20/2005 8:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah...........
Overanalyzing situations can be dangerous.
That is one reason why u do not sleep well-ur mind is constantly churning.
Cutting ur hair,getting a pedicure and/or manicure offers therapy if u allow it to bring out other aspects of ur personality/id.
NEVER try to obliterate any aspect
of ur identity.Channel it,shape it,
synthesize it BUT never erase it.
We are all programmed from our first bite of food.
Edit the program,use SpellCheck,use Plaxos but maintain the CORE binary code of the program.
Unfortunately I dont know u or details of your predicament so
everything Im saying is fairly generic.sorry about that.

12/22/2005 7:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home