Monday, November 21, 2005

Open Book

My weekend was a flurry of social activity. Almost every waking (and non-waking) moment was spent in the company of other people. I'm generally extroverted so I did quite enjoy the busyness, conversation, and socialization, but even I need time to decompress, to sit quietly on my own, and to sort out all the thoughts that reel continuously through my head. Tomorrow, I'm off to Regina for a few days on a business trip so I imagine I'll have ample alone time in my hotel. By Friday, I'm sure I'll be itching to see people again!

I feel like a lot has been transpiring of late and I fear that I would bore you if I told you everything. Maybe I'll make this a choose-your-own-adventure type blog. What would you like to hear about, readers? Should I talk about my losing streak at Scrabble that is seriously making me doubt my aptitude at that game? Should I tell you about the interesting group of people that I hung out with on Friday whose home was so messy that I was given a "glass" of water in a tupperware container? I could write extensively about how I'm getting much better at dealing with people who don't like me and how unfazed I was to cross paths with one of them this past weekend. Or, I could tell you how I keep getting job postings for jobs like mine in different parts of California and how I'm considering actually applying for a couple of them. I'd love to tell you about the friend that I ran into on Saturday who, upon seeing me in a body hugging t-shirt and jeans, remarked that I looked like I had lost some weight and looked great (yay for friends like that!) For juicier stories, I could regale you with details of the kisses that I shared with a beautiful girl and two nice guys while intoxicated or the fantastic, mind-blowing sexual chemistry that I've been experiencing with someone lovely. And, these are just a fraction of the options....at any given time there are hundreds of things that I'm contemplating.

Or, maybe you aren't interested in any of those things and just come here for the song lyrics and random pictures that I often post. Well, if so, this is for you...

Looking back, it's always the same vicious circle
You fall in love like you'd fall from a bicycle
And everybody's walking in slow motion
You don't, you can't, control your reaction
You should try, because...

Your eyes are like an open book,
One can tell everything from the way you look

- Tahiti 80

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I generally read all the adventures in a book. More details! :) I'd probably skip the Scrabble one. How much more can there be to that story?

11/22/2005 1:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home