Saturday, November 26, 2005

Never Again

When I'm out, it isn't uncommon to see me sipping on a glass of red wine or drinking a pint of one of my favourite beers. It is, however, uncommon to see me falling over after drinking to excess. Last night reminded me why I rarely get myself to that point. I went out for an acquaintance's birthday and decided, for some inexplicable reason, that the beer I was drinking wasn't enough and that I should supplement that with shooters. The evening wore on and I found myself getting progressively dizzier and eventually had to just go home. I abandoned the four friends who came home with me in the living room and embraced the cool feel of my tile floor in the bathroom. How embarrassing.

I woke up this morning with a killer headache and decided to stay in bed for as long as I possibly could. It's now 3pm and I'm just starting to feel human-like again. Not fun! Not fun at all! Ah well, bad hangovers make you say that infamous phrase "never again" and at this moment I almost believe myself!

I'm craving a large, hot, Tim Horton's coffee. Mmmmmm. And, I think a walk outside would do me good. I have much to think about.

I go to the river to soothe my mind
to ponder over the crazy days in my life
watch the river flow
ease my mind & soul

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have to fight against the bottle, but you have to do it drunk :-)

11/27/2005 5:48 a.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

Nice one : ) I had that exact phrase in mind while writing that entry.

Btw, I miss your blog!

11/27/2005 8:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) http://1000plateaus.blog.com

11/27/2005 4:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home