Thursday, November 24, 2005

About Regina

I am currently in downtown Regina which I must tell you is a very dull place on a Wednesday evening. I have stealthily snuck into the Ramada Hotel (even though that's not where I'm staying) so that I can use their free Internet service which they generously provide in their lobby. My fellow trip mates are currently in their room finishing off a bottle of Captain Morgan's while watching hockey. There was so much testosterone in the room that I could almost see it dripping from the walls so I decided to leave before they started talking about a)women, b)other sports, c)sex, or d)war stories from their 20 years 'on the job'. The trip itself has been extremely worthwhile and informative but I have had more than my fill of these three guys.

Regina has a very small town feel to it. Restaurants, coffeeshops, and anything remotely interesting closes very early in the evening. Liquor stores are government controlled and close at 6pm! The big thing happening in the city right now is an "Agribition" which I've gathered is some sort of agricultural show that appears to require everyone to wear cowboy boots and stetson hats. It's weird, weird, weird!

Tomorrow I'm back! Hooray!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Regina adventures?

11/25/2005 1:13 p.m.  
Blogger Derelict said...

Saskatchewan is pretty boring. I went there regularily on swim trips as a kid. So, I know small town Alberta and Saskatchewan fairly well.

Haha, once the booze starts flowing and the hockey game is on it's like we forget there's a female presence in the room (esp. if you're outnumbered).

11/25/2005 4:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home