Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Summer's (almost) Gone

Brrrr! It is absolutely freezing today at work. My fingers are stiff and my nose feels like an icicle is about to form on the end. I have myself bundled in a sweater but I'm still sitting here with my teeth chattering.

The weekend came and went quickly but it was really nice. It was rainy for much of the weekend but I didn't mind. It's nice to be able to put on cozy sweaters, drink warm drinks, and have ambient lamps on during the day. It reminded me of the feeling of autumn and made me realize that the summer isn't going to be around for much longer. Sunday afternoon, Eli and I were having coffee together and Leonard Cohen's wafted through the coffeeshop singing "the summer's gone but a lot goes on forever". I smiled as I thought about how the end of the summer will bring such big changes for us. We are antsy with excitement. Many of our sentences start with "In Toronto…" or "In our new place…". It's hard to live in the present these days, my mind keeps drifting to the future.

I put in an application for a job with the Toronto Police Service a few days ago. It's not my dream job but it looks like an interesting position. Unfortunately, I realized as the fax was going through that I had a typo in the very first sentence. How embarrassing! It's hard to maintain that you pay close attention to detail when you don't proofread your own cover letter. Eeeep : | I'm starting to put applications in here and there for positions that interest me. I'm not desperate to find something before I go but if it happens that way that would be great.

This is another week of early mornings but next week I'll be on vacation! YAY!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toronto? Big move! PFFFFFT. NOT! (eheheh)

I'll be back in Shanghai within a year, because holy sweet jesus, Shanghai is the place to be!

OH... and check it out... blogspot is on China's FIREWALLED list... and it took me about 15 seconds to circumvent the so-called "great firewall of china" hahahah SUCKERS

HOO RRAAAAHHHHH!

8/15/2006 6:03 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home