Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Dream Dream Dream

Last night I had a rather ominous dream. I was walking outside, looking at the grey, cloud-filled sky when I noticed a Westjet plane flying above. The plane was flying upside down which I thought was strange. I turned to the person next to me (I can't recall who it was) and said, "look, the plane is flying upside down" and as I said that it rotated and began flying right side up. Then, all of a sudden, the plane began to lose elevation. It went lower and lower until I couldn't see it anymore and in its place came huge flames and billowing smoke. The dream was so vivid, so memorable, and so realistic that when I woke up I went to the Internet and checked if there were any news reports of a plane crash (thankfully there weren't). I rarely recall dreams but I recalled so much of this one. I don't know much about dream interpretation but I can't imagine dreams of plane crashes are a good sign.

In other news, I'm realizing how complicated life can be at times. I am on various email lists for my profession and often get sent job postings for positions across North America. In most cases, I promptly press delete without a second thought but today I noticed a posting for 8 positions in Vancouver. Sigh. I have dreamed about living in Vancouver but not right *now*. Now is totally the wrong time. Still, I think I have to apply just to see what happens. Chances are the competition will be stiff for this position and I may not even have to make any difficult decisions. But what if…? Hmm…I can't even think about that!

I'm very excited for this weekend. Eli and I are heading to the North Country Fair. It's a celebration of the summer solstice and is filled with music, dancing, camping, campfires, and all sorts of adventure. I've been several times before and it's always been a fantastic time. Hopefully, we'll get lots of sunshine and not so much rain this year!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

leah - i often have extremely detailed dreams, full colour, story line, well-defined characters...i am always very emotionally involved in my dreams and often awake feeling the after effects of the dream's overall 'mood'. i started keeping a dream dictionary in jr.high because my teacher had suggested it, since then i remember my dreams very well and will often look for symbolism, colour theme, and meaning in them. i found this for you regarding plane crashes.

"To see an airplane in your dream, indicates that you will overcome your obstacles and rise above to a new level of prominence and status. You may experience a higher consciousness, new-found freedom and greater awareness.

To dream that a plane crashes, suggests that you have set overly high and unrealistic goals for yourself. Your goals may be too high and are impossible to realize. You are in danger of having it come crashing down. Alternatively, your lack of confidence, self-defeating attitude and self-doubt toward the goals you have set for yourself is represented by the crashing airplane; you do not believe in your ability to attain those goals. Loss of power and uncertainty in achieving your goals are also signified. "

either way - i'm sure that if you continue to live in the moment and be true to yourself things will unravel the way they should. sending you love n' stuff....

6/15/2006 12:30 p.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

that is so interesting...thanks for posting that!

ps. last night at 11:30pm, i pressed click and sent my application off to vancouver. eeeeeeep!

6/15/2006 12:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home