Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Vast Unknown

Well, I'm making progress. I have some grander ideas in my head of how I want this page to look but I need more time to make it all happen. Keep posted for further changes!

Ah, there is so much to say and so much not say these days. I have secrets swimming just below the surface and it's killing me to not yell out everything that I am thinking. The problem is that these secrets aren't mine to share so I will have to bite my tongue a while longer. What I can say is that changes are looming and I am both excited and nervous by the various possibilities.

Uncertainty. It is a difficult thing for me. I like things planned, settled, and known. Yet, there are times in life where that is simply impossible. I reason with myself that the future is always uncertain and therefore not worth worrying about in any sort of anxious way. I tell myself to take each day as it comes. Breathe. Live in the now. Stop worrying about things that might not ever be. Appreciate the good. I feel like there is so much wisdom deep down if only I'd take my own good advice.

Hmmm.

On a separate note, I read the following article in the Globe & Mail this past weekend:

Berlin. A swan has fallen in love with a plastic swan-shaped paddle boat on a pond in the German town of Muenster and has spent the past three weeks flirting with the vessel, five times its size, a sailing instructor said yesterday. Peter Overschmidt said the swan will finally figure it out but hopes it won't be heartbroken.

Awwwww. I'm thinking good thoughts for that little swan.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the new look! very swish.

5/30/2006 12:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the new lay-out! very stylish! btw, thanks for pointing out leonard cohen's new book to me, i hadn't heard of it yet.

5/31/2006 4:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seems that the vast unknown has become a little vaster even :-)

6/01/2006 2:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home