Friday, June 23, 2006

Let Me Out

The summer festivals have officially begun. North Country Fair last weekend was so much fun! Eli and I left Friday afternoon with the most organized, well-packed car I have ever had for a camping trip. The weekend was overcast and a bit rainy but that didn't dampen our spirits at all. We were surrounded by good friends who made the weekend fantastic. By Sunday, we were both exhausted but happy. It's made me look even more forward to the rest of the festivals we are planning on attending.

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future. That song has been in my head today and it seems so appropriate because time does feel like it's slipping. The days, the weeks, the months are all going by so quickly. Before I know it I'm going to be packing up my stuff and moving somewhere else. I've already begun paring down my possessions. Yesterday I sold my beloved blue couch with the bright yellow pillows and gave away some furniture that was haunting one of my closets. It feels good to simplify, I need to do more of that.

Sigh. It's a sunny Friday afternoon and I just want to get OUT of here! I am sipping on cold coffee that I've had since I came into work this morning (ewww? It's actually not as bad as you'd think!). My mind is already on weekend mode and I keep finding myself daydreaming about all the plans I've made. Tonight I have an after-work BBQ with some of my co-workers and then later a cool event at the Edmonton Art Gallery called Art Bar which should be lots of fun.

Let me out...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, the blue couch!

i hope it has found a good new home. :)

6/24/2006 5:39 a.m.  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

glad to hear you had a great time at NC Fair Leah :) I've always wanted to check that out.

Can't wait to hear about Art Bar, Kim was telling me all about it...sounds cool :)

happy Saturday

6/24/2006 11:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know you made my weekend little butterfly.
thanks leah...

6/25/2006 11:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home