Thursday, July 27, 2006

Flash Crash Boom

I had a bad day today. I felt like forces were working against me, making everything more difficult and more stressful and more upsetting than any of it should have been. On top of that, every word I uttered seemed misinterpreted and I seemed to bristle feathers wherever I went.

Storms have been brewing in the hot afternoons which provide a visual representation of the storms that have been brewing inside me this week. All I've wanted to do is sit on a big hill and look out on the horizon and think. I've wanted to wander into cozy coffeeshops with my journal in hand and write. I've wanted to daydream through the day about the future so that I can understand what it is exactly that I'm hoping for. Yet, I haven't been able to do any of those things because my days are insanely busy right now at work and my nights have all been booked with other stuff. I'm lost, disconnected, and feeling a bit overwhelmed.

In response to these feelings, I booked some actual vacation time today so that I can have some time to myself to relax, think, decompres
s, and destress. I will be off from August 5th until August 18th...16 glorious days of vacation! And, right in the middle of that is Shambhala, something I've been looking forward to all year. It's nice, especially on bad days, to have wonderful things to look forward to.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

having things to look forward to are what keep me afloat. there is a lack of those things in my life right now. at least i get to see you and eli tonight and have some fun. little things. little things.
maybe i'll take a day off and we can go wandering sometime during your days off.

7/27/2006 1:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vacation is good.
see you soon babe!
lovekeet

7/28/2006 8:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home