Monday, January 23, 2006

Bloggity Blog Blog

Have I really not updated this page since last Monday? Tsk, tsk, tsk. My life has felt busy lately and as a result I've had less time to be introspective. Last night, however, I had the chance to lie in darkness and let my mind wander. One of my favourite things to do when my life gets hectic and I have a lot on my mind is to turn off all the lights, crawl into bed, put on a pair of headphones, and listen to music. There is something amazingly therapeutic about blocking out all the other noise and letting the notes swirl around me while I ponder different thoughts.

My mind is buzzing these days, but I am happy. I spent most of the weekend with my partner-in-crime extraordinaire. One of the nicest things about our relationship is how easily we seem to get along with one another. We can spend long periods of time together and not get irritated or bored. I like the way our relationship is unfolding. I like looking across a crowded room and seeing his face light up when our eyes meet. I like that he often knows exactly what I'm thinking without me ever having to say a word. This relationship feels different than my past relationships in a lot of positive ways.

Some other highlights from the weekend:
- Went to Shy FX (a drum and bass DJ) on Friday night and danced and smiled and generally had a great time!
- A bustling house party on Saturday night
- A yummy and very fun brunch/potluck on Sunday
- Catching up on sleep
- Lots of decadent eating/drinking


Alright, one more thing before I end this entry. Today is election day and I hope that each and every one of you (who lives in Canada) goes out and votes! It's important!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am typing something after reading this so that you can rest assured i *do not* feel nauseous however, i *do* feel happy for you. : )

1/27/2006 6:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home