Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Okay

The day is hectic with five different to-do lists on my desk, deadlines pressing, telephones ringing, and emails demanding all sorts of different things. I dash away for 30 minutes to take my cat to the veterinarian and when I come back the red light is blinking on my phone. It's a message from a friend who wants to tell me that I crossed his mind today and he's thought about everything that we'd been recently discussing, and he's come to the realization that it's all going to be alright, and he just wants me to know that. He says that our friendship isn't going to just disappear. Suddenly, the day slows down to a near stop, a tear rolls down one cheek, and I take a deep breath and don't even try to hide the goofy smile that appears on my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home