Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A.

Tonight I went out with A. again and it was a really lovely night. We went to see Batman Begins which was a spectacular movie. I was a little skeptical about it because it's not the sort of movie I'd normally jump to see, but it was fantastic and I'd highly recommend it to any of you who haven't already seen it. Through the movie, A.'s shoulder and mine would touch ever-so-slightly but neither of us would move away. It's interesting being at the stage where the an almost non-existant touch (which might have even been accidental) ends up sending tingles through my body.

After the movie, we decided to go for a walk through the river valley. It was a gorgeous evening with the sun just beginning to set and the two of us talking and laughing easily. I'm sure if anyone saw us they would have thought that we were a well-established couple. We walked along the river talking about all sorts of different things, never tiring of each other, and an excited, slightly nervous dialogue between us. He told me he worried that he talked too much and I laughed and told him that I thought that I talked too much. We ended up at the legislature grounds, by the wading pool, where he half-heartedly suggested we jump in (we didn't). We sat and talked about past relationships and our thoughts on where we are at in our respective lives.

We both were getting chilly so we decided to depart taking the long winding route back. We came across a playground in Riverdale and swung under the starry sky. It was a wonderfully sweet moment.

I like him. I like the way he moves through the world. He is intelligent and curious and funny. He asks me questions that make me think. Yes, I like him, but I'm not sure how he feels about me. When we said goodnight there was a slightly awkward moment where we lingered in the car talking and then he finally reached over and gave me a hug. I wanted to kiss him, I kept staring at his beautiful lips, but I just couldn't do it. Ahhh, I feel like I'm in high school again but in that good way : )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well written leah. it gave me sympathy butterflies in my tummy! you'll have to keep me posted.
have time for a walk/visit this week?

8/03/2005 11:57 a.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

Friday after work? I'll send you a private email so that we don't try to make plans on here ;)

8/04/2005 1:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home