Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hump Day

Tonight I went to my meditation group for another one-hour sit. For me, they are like injections of calm, sense, and happiness into my hurried life. The sit itself is very good, but equally beneficial is interacting with people who just "get it". The couple who host the weekly groups are the instructors from my course. One is an engineer and the other is a lawyer. Even with fast-paced lives, their own business, and a family, they still give off this aura of complete peace and calm. It is really quite inspiring and just being in their presence seems to influence me. Tonight after the sit, they made us peppermint tea with mint leaves grown right in their garden. Mmmmm.

By the way, for anyone who might be interested in taking the Vipassana course that I went on, there is another course running September 26th - October 7th in Sylvan Lake.

Tomorrow night, after my running clinic, I have a blind date! I am nervous and excited : ) Last week, Dayna told me about a guy that she works with who she believes would be "perfect" for me. She raved about him and told me that if she wasn't currently married, she would date him! So, with that glowing recommendation, I agreed to meet him for a drink. We've corresponded a little bit by email but neither of us knows much about the other and neither of us knows what the other looks like. The mystery of all of this has been quite fun!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh good god... I went on a blind date once about 6 years ago. I wish never to repeat the experience, but GOOD LUCK... hhaha.

7/28/2005 1:34 p.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

That is not what I want to hear right before my date! : ) I've never gone on a completely blind date before so this will be a new experience for me. However, the last sort-of blind date that I had (we had seen each other before but were virtual strangers) ended in a really long relationship, so you never know...

What was so bad about your blind date? Share the story...

7/28/2005 4:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looked like a potato on two toothpicks, smelled bad, and kept talking about eating acid.

7/30/2005 9:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home