Monday, July 25, 2005

On the Run

Today started off with an early morning 10k run through the Mill Creek Ravine. I looked around my running group and noticed that almost every single person was extremely fit and quite good-looking. Running definitely does amazing things to your body. Today I ran beside a very handsome guy with a typical runner's body who had the cutest New Zealand accent. He kept me quite distracted so the run seemed to go especially quick, that is, until I started having some problems with the shorts that I was wearing. At about the 8th kilometre, I started noticing that my shorts were rubbing and causing some serious chafing on my inner thighs (yes, I know that these are the sorts of details you come here to read about...hehe) I tried to just keep running and ignore it but by the 9th kilometre it was getting really, really painful and I had to drop back and walk the rest of the way. The New Zealand guy stopped to make sure that I was okay and I had to shyly explain what the problem was. How embarrasing. I've never run in the summer before so I've never experienced these sorts of problems.

After the run, I met my friend, Kenny, for breakfast and a walk. He was feeling quite down when we first met up but was smiling and laughing when I dropped him off so that made me feel good. Kenny is one-of-a-kind. I have no friends that are remotely like him yet I appreciate his strangeness and I love his zany sense of humour and wild stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home