Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tick Tick Tick

And time ticks on. This Saturday we will leave Edmonton. Our first stop is Calgary for a quick visit and Sunday the real road trip will begin. We have almost everything packed, to-do lists are ticked off, and we have been getting lots of opportunities for visits with friends. The last few weeks have been hectic but they've also been filled with so many warm conversations that have left me beaming from the inside out.

I feel very lucky to have been shown such kindness of late. We have been treated to a delicious dinner, had a potluck organized in our honour, had friends come and dance and drink with us, had yummy cupcakes made for us, and on and on and on. It has been overwhelming in the nicest way possible.

The last few weeks have also made me realize that I have the most wonderfully patient, loving, and helpful partner a girl could ever ask for. Eli has been a true saint and I appreciate him so much. After spending several days running miscellaneous errands that I asked him to, he spent hours upon hours helping me pack up all my stuff and disassembling furniture. Then, as if that wasn't enough, he volunteered to clean my car from top to bottom. Have I mentioned that I feel grateful? I do.

Tomorrow I have a phone interview for another job that I applied for. I will sit and answer questions amongst the towers of boxes that fill my condo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think I'll get to see ya before you guys go, Leah... so happy travels and good luck!

10/03/2006 11:04 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the time passed so quickly between the first mention of this and now...(and, for some reason i thought you were leaving on the 9th)...am i ever glad to be taking friday off to spend with you. warm drinks (bailey's!!), warm conversation, hopefully *just* enough to tide me over until i arrive on your toronto doorstep in november. i'm really still very mixed about this. so intrinsically happy for you that it makes me smile knowing all the good that is, and that lies ahead, and so inherently sad because i am losing *geographically*, the dearest friend a girl could ever want for. see you friday miss l.

10/04/2006 11:11 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are here.
And i am so happy about it.
Lovek.

10/15/2006 12:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home