Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Confidence

The front page of the Edmonton Journal today had a story about the project that I've been pouring my heart into at work. I was interviewed yesterday and I couldn't help but burst with a little bit of pride that my project was being highlighted as a success story.

Then, came home to a message from the Vancouver Police Department inviting me for an interview for a postion that I applied for back in June. Back in June I would have been ecstatic about the possibility of landing a dream job in Vancouver but today it just felt bittersweet. My immediate future lies in Toronto so I promptly sent back a response that thanked them for the opportunity but let them know that I was withdrawing from the competition.

Eli asked me if I felt any resentment about my decision and I absolutely do not. Sure, I can dream wistfully about how perfect it might have been to move to Vancouver but I am confident that Toronto will be perfect in its own way too. Everything has been falling into place so easily. All the worries I have had about certain complexities involved in uprooting my life have proven themselves to be non-issues. It all makes me feel that I am moving in the direction I am supposed to.

At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.

-
Lao-tzu

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you clip that puppy? They quoted you first, and often. Congrats!

8/31/2006 10:58 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

leah...wow...so much going on with you, girl. i haven't even known WHAT to write after reading the last few entries. yes, me, SPEECHLESS? unheardof. however, it was after reading this that i realized a couple of things, you really *are* making the right decision. i know this because you can say with confidence that even though vancouver beckons you are still cool with going the other direction. you are thinking with you mind, your heart, your spirit. secondly, i feel that it is right because, like you said, nothing is getting in the way...it's just flowing, step by step, getting you where you need to be to move to toronto seamlessly. this is the first entry i've read and haven't cried. i guess knowing that it's ok for you should make it "more" okay for me. my flights are booked, i can't wait to spend time with you (and the mister), in your new home. i'm proud of you, leah.

8/31/2006 12:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home