Thursday, August 31, 2006

Technolove

Two new loves:




What a luxury to pull out my computer anywhere at anytime. Someone's a few minutes late? No problem, I'll just pull out my laptop. Want to schedule an appointment with me? Okay, I'll just grab my calender. Stroke of genius sitting somewhere? I can grab my computer and type up my idea. Sure, laptops have been around for a long time but I've never had one and I'm LOVING the freedom already.

The iPod came free with the purchase of the computer. It still hasn't hit me that I can have thousands of songs at my fingertips. The Nano's tagline is that it is "impossibly small" and it really is. It weighs absolutely nothing and tucks away in the smallest of pockets. I have heard mixed reviews about it's durability and lifespan so I'll have to see how mine fares.

Alright, enough of the materialism, onto more important things.

I officially resigned today. September 29th will be my last day of work. It feels strange to be leaving but it's nice to leave on such a positive note. I learned so much in this position which will hopefully help me land an equally interesting position in Toronto. I keep having strange, coincidental run-ins with people who have contacts in Toronto. Today, for example, I bumped into someone who tried to headhunt me for a private sector position a number of months ago. At the time, I wasn't interested in the position but today, after telling him about my plans, he mentioned that his company's head office is in Toronto. He then asked me to submit my resume to him and said that he would pass it along to their recruiting manager.

Finally, if you haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine, go see it. It's touching, funny, and extremely well acted. I highly recommend it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home