Thursday, September 01, 2005

Stre-e-e-tch

Marc-Julien linked to this website, which has a potpourri of neat things. One of the items advertised on this site was a paperweight that displayed the following "5 rules for happiness":

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.

3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.


I agree that doing those five things would go a long ways to happiness, but how does one just "free your heart from hatred" or even more importantly, "free your mind from worries"? It reminds me of that trite sentiment, "don't worry, be happy" that was bounced around ad nauseum in the 80s. Anyone who has ever felt sad or anxious, realizes that being happy would be a much better place to be, but achieving that state of mind can be a challenge. As such, I'm going to keep my US$28 and spend it on something better than a paperweight : )

Like...pilates classes! In September, I am going to be taking classes here two times a week. Supposedly, pilates is an excellent complement to running. I am excited!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Hey Leah,

Stumbled across your blog and found myself reading previous posts. (Always nice to find other AB women blogging! There are a few of us here... I've linked to 2 others on my site...)

Anyway, great blog.
Sarah

9/01/2005 1:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home