Friday, August 19, 2005

Mind on the Blink

I am living a double life and it's making me tired. Last night I was up very late defying my own sensibilities, yet having a crazy good time doing so. But, I'm tired. Really, really, really tired. I've just ingested 16oz of Tim Horton's coffee and am waiting for the effects of the caffeine or sugar or both to jolt me into a more alert place.

My friend, John, rode his bike through a downpour to come meet me for beer after work yesterday. We sat by a fireplace in a pub and had a really excellent conversation over pints of Guinness (me) and Smithwick's (him). Afterwards, we parted ways and agreed that we really should get together more often.

Later, my evening took a turn in a different direction which resulted in me staying out and not crawling into bed until 3am. 3am is too late on a work night. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home