Thursday, August 18, 2005

Here Comes the Sun (Supposedly)

You know you have wonderful friends when they read some vague thing that you've written that makes you sound a bit blue and they write to you and say that they are worried about you and that they love you. Awwwwww…thank you, lovely friends of mine, for being as lovely as each of you has been. It's easy on a dreary, rainy day to feel sorry for myself but then I think about how much I have and I feel like giving my head a shake! Even Phillip, who I hardly know, has proven himself to be an exquisite person as last week he sent me a package filled with Leonard Cohen recordings and some other goodies. And, even though the DVD doesn't work in my Canadian DVD player, I am still bowled over by the kindness that he showed in putting the package together (especially since I have been remiss in doing the same for him even though I promised that I would.) Phillip = good internet friend. Leah = bad internet friend.

I told my friend, Kenny, last night that I thought the world was conspiring against me. He balked and said, "of course it's not." And then I explained why I thought that it was, and his response was, "hmmm, it DOES appear the word is conspiring against you." That made me laugh and depressed me at the same time. Of course the world is not conspiring against me, but some frustrating things have happened lately. Blue moods seem to be in large supply as a number of people that I know are facing their own unique and equally blah circumstances. If you, dear reader, are happy as you read this, then celebrate that fact and please take a moment to feel fortunate that things are currently going your way!

Actually, truth be told, I'm not feeling nearly as down as I was. I have some things on the horizon to look forward to, and today I have the conviction (though not really sure where it came from) that everything is going to fall into place the way it's supposed to. Plus, tomorrow is Friday, and apparently the sun will soon be making a comeback. I love grey, rainy days but I think some sunshine would do me good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home