Monday, August 29, 2005

Famous Last Words: I'm Not Contagious

I'm back from the mountains with a stuffy head, an emerging cough, and a sore throat and I blame it squarely on one person: Kevin. Kevin had a horrible cold/cough on Thursday but assured me that I couldn't possibly get sick since "he wasn't contagious anymore". His reasoning seemed suspect as he was still coughing and sneezing and phlegm-ridden which told me that he still had sick germs that were, in fact, contagious.

Against my better judgement, I got into an enclosed vehicle with him and shared the same re-circulated air for over three hours there and over three hours back. At one point, he had the audacity to ask if he could take a sip out of my water bottle and was actually insulted when I told him that he most certainly could not. Despite all of my precautions, and despite Kevin's promise that he couldn't/wouldn't make me sick, AND despite his proclamations that sending good vibes to the universe (his words, not mine) would prevent illness, the fact is…I AM STILL SICK!

So, my plan for this week is to drink plenty of fluids and get a ton of rest. I don't want this little cold to turn into a several-month-long cough like it did last winter.

*cough* *wheeze* *sniffle* *sneeze* *cough*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ew! i am just getting over a summer virus myself. i wish you a speedy recovery! i hope you had fun in the mountains, regardless.

8/29/2005 4:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home