Monday, August 22, 2005

This Weekend...

Weekends pass far too quickly leaving me with a longing for a real vacation. I have a flight voucher good for a $400 flight anywhere that Westjet flies. Where should I go? When should I go? I've been having this inkling of just flying somewhere that I haven't been before and exploring all on my own. A mini-backpacking trip somewhere, even if it was just to Victoria or Montreal. Montreal in the fall sounds like it would be lovely place to visit. Or California -- oh, how I would love to go to California. Hmmm…

The weekend itself was a motley of experiences. There was time spent at home with ample amounts of sleep and reading and pure relaxation and then there was time spent in the throes of some crazy adventures that I am still trying to wrap my head around. I feel, in some ways, like I have reverted to the girl that I was about 5 years ago, and in my mind that is a good thing. Then, I was a confident, bold girl who always had interesting stories to tell. Something happened to that girl in my last relationship. At the end of it, I was a weak, withdrawn, pathetic version of myself. Things that I had always felt that I was good at (writing and art, for example) were placed on the backburner. It's only recently that I'm discovering that my love of music, art, and writing is something intrinsic inside me and I am happiest when I let those things flourish instead of supressing them.

I do have one regret from this weekend and that was a very intoxicated phone call made to a friend at 6am on Sunday morning. Eeeep. I have never done that before, and for good reason! Luckily, the person that I chose to call has a very good sense of humour and took my incoherent call in the best way possible. It definitely could have been worse, but it was embarrassing all the same : \ Ah well, lesson learned, I will make every effort to ensure that doesn't happen again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home