Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Important Things

There is much that I could write about today but many of them are potential minefields that I'll opt to step around. And really, aside from a few irritations, my day was quite good. I went for a run this afternoon with a co-worker of mine and it felt incredible! He pushed me to run a little speedier than was comfortable, but I kept up and even chatted with him for most of the way. Actually, "chatted" isn't exactly accurate...I've perfected a technique of asking a broad succession of open-ended questions on runs so that I can mostly leave the talking to the other person : ) I returned to my desk and read a nice email from someone who knows me awfully well and after reading the ending line of "take care and don't let people get you down", I was smiling. Then, this evening was spent with my friend Heather who has just returned from a long vacation. We had a really nice dinner together followed by hours of catching up. It was the perfect evening and has left me feeling in very good spirits. I think before the meditation retreat I would have reflected on the day and would have kept replaying the negative aspects of it. Now, I'm much more apt to just let those things go and focus on the good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you! focusing on the positive is sometimes tough, but it repays itself a million times over

7/20/2005 12:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home