Friday, July 08, 2005

The Equanimous Mind

Hello again, friends and strangers : ) I'm back from the silence! Today is the first day that I'm back in the "real world" again after being in an alternate world for the last 2 weeks. It is slightly overwhelming to hear all the noise of the city again. I am in Calgary this weekend and it is coincidentally the beginning of the Stampede which is probably the WORST time to return to face the world as it is annoying at the best of times. I'm staying with a wonderful friend though and that's worth the craziness for a couple of days.

I am still processing the whole Vipassana experience so I won't write too much about it here but I'm sure you'll be able to read more about it in the coming week. All in all it was a very positive experience for me and came at the absolute perfect time. If there is one word to summarize the experience it would be equanimous. The goal was a balanced mind and I worked for 18 hours a day on striving towards that goal. 18 hours of being inside my own head with no one to distract me, nothing to do but think and meditate and work. It was the most gruelling, intense, and difficult experience but it was also incredibly rewarding in a number of different ways.

Much of the last year came to the surface and was thought about and re-throught about countless times. That wasn't always the most pleasant feeling to contend with and at times I felt a very, very strong desire to run in the opposite direction and declare that it wasn't for me. I stuck with it and "dealt" with many unresolved things that I had buried and pushed to the side. That took tremendous courage but it has left me feeling much lighter and in much better balance than I think I've ever been in.

Anyways, I'll leave it at that for now. Have good weekends, everyone : )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello sweet pea.
i've been thinking of you often and can't wait to hear about your "equanimous" experience.

xo
k

7/11/2005 12:58 p.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

kim,

i've been thinking of you too : )i want to hear about your holiday too! pm is on the way to you...

l.

7/11/2005 3:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home