Friday, June 17, 2005

Dreamin' Girl

Some days I dream about moving to another city where I could be anonymous. Where I could float around the city like a faceless blob who no one notices or cares about. I could say and do things - even crazy things - and no one would think that it didn't fit my personality. I could be aloof and mysterious or I could be funny and flamboyant and everyone would just accept that was me.

Some days I dream about moving into a loft in a big city with wooden floors, high ceilings, and lots of empty space. I think of myself being happy in solitude. Reading books I'd always wanted to read and doing art. I would surprise myself with hidden talents that could effortlessly support me. I'd revel in my eccentricity and have at least 3 cats and perhaps an exotic fish or two.

Some days I dream about selling all of my worldly possessions, breaking free of my mortgage and car, and traveling the world with just a backpack. I think about adventures, exotic sounds, interesting foods and strangers that I'd encounter. Meeting other people who are lost in their own unique ways. I think about the mix of excitement and terror that comes with not having a permanent home.

Hmmmmmm...

Now the night is gone, a new day is dawning
And our homeless dreams go back to the street
Another time or place, another civilization
Would really make this life feel so complete.

I'll always be a dreamin' girl
I don't have to understand
I know it's alright.
-Neil Young

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is not groundhog day.

You are the creator of your own reality.

Every day, you can break the molds. Do not forget the cage is as much your mind as it is your surroundings...

6/19/2005 10:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home