Monday, May 23, 2005

A Blogger's Dilemma

I'm sure that every person who has ever started a blog has had this dilemma: how much should one share with his/her readers? How much is too much? Where is the line between truthfullness and overexposure? I want to write honestly about my life but I don't want to do so at the expense of other people's feelings. So, lately I've been thinking that saying less may be more until I have a clearer opinion on all of this.

One thing I will say, however, is that it is far too easy to misinterpret what someone says if you are looking to see something in someone's words. Sometimes I write about vague feelings that don't necessarily relate to a specific person. Sometimes I tiptoe into fiction when I recount stories. I would caution anyone who reads my blog to recognize that the things I say are merely my perspective on a wide variety of things and nothing should be taken too literally or pointedly.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog would be more interesting if you told everything about everyone.

5/24/2005 7:58 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all of these anonymous ppl...sooo opinionated, yet so...ANONYMOUS?
odd.
anyhow, leah i think that it being entirely yours, typically an online journal/diary, it is your call how much you let others know.
the way i see it, these ppl you may or may not be writing about are a part of your life. thus, there is a chance they may or may not be a part of your blog one day. they run the "risk" of reading something they might take wrong/right just by reading your entries. don't give up the cathartic qualities of this little blog just to protect others from the off-chance they might read too much into something. "ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK", i say. my $0.02.
love ya girl.
k

5/24/2005 12:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss K, I have come to reap your soul and eat your first born.

5/24/2005 1:13 p.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

Alright, Grim Reaper, you have officially been warned. Soon I'm going to start deleting your comments. Yes, I have that power!

5/24/2005 2:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I'm sorry! It's only my job!

5/24/2005 11:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

watch out for stalking behaviour, having a public blog does not mean that you waive the right to do and say what you want on it. anyone who reads this and gets upset at what is said really ought to consider not reading at all as it doesn't seem healthy to me.

-the moose

5/25/2005 1:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Free speech is offensive speech"

"A good writer should be both insightful and inciteful."

5/25/2005 2:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home