Tuesday, May 10, 2005

About Time (oh, and space too)

In 1964, Bob Dylan's "Another Side of Bob Dylan" was released. At the time, most critics called it a disappointment but in recent years it has been referred to as a 'diamond in the rough'. It's not one of my favourite albums but there is a song on it that I've always liked quite a bit called "To Ramona." Last night, after a fairly weighty conversation, I was reminded of the lyrics in the last verse:

I'd forever talk to you,
But soon my words,
They would turn into a meaningless ring.
For deep in my heart I know there is no help I can bring.
Everything passes,
Everything changes,
Just do what you think you should do.

I have a habit of making things much more complex than they need to be. I've been asking the same questions repeatedly and have been receiving consistent answers, but have been refusing to listen. The solution has always been right in front of me, but was impossible to see with my eyes tightly shut. Now, I want to just do what I think I should do -- it's about time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home