Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Soaring Spirits

On Monday nights for the past little while I've been group leading a "learn to run" group. Basically, I just lead a group running, set the pace, answer any questions they have, and provide moral support. It's been fun because it was only a short while ago that I took the very same course as a "newbie". Tonight I was asked to lead the fast group and it provided a pretty decent challenge for me. I ran at a much faster pace than was comfortable for me but given that I was LEADING I didn't want to have to stop and/or slow down and/or show that I was dying! However, I was dying by the end! These sorts of experiences help build mental fortitude though. There are always moments on each run where I think that I'd like to stop and just sit down for a while but when I keep going I always feel incredibly proud of myself.

After the run I met some good friends for sushi. Mmmm! My spirits have been soaring this week. I think it must be the excitment of all the things I'm looking forward to in the next little while.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad to hear/read things are going so well. btw...if you haven't gone on that bike ride yet, or even if you have and would like a partner...you give me a call.

4/26/2005 6:26 p.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

i'm leaving on thursday night but i will definitely take you up on that when i get back!

4/27/2005 12:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home