Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Possibilities

Today was a spectacular day at work! I have been asked to work on a very interesting project and I can't wait to get started! This project involves a very hot topic that has been making headlines all over the world. It's a chance for me to possibly do some actual research and I'm starting to dream of where that could take me (visions of a masters thesis have already begun to dance in my head!)

Lately, I've been given a lot more responsibility at my job. I'm soon going to be supervising two people who are going to work on a special project that I'm managing. Frankly, the idea of supervising anyone is a little daunting but I think I'm up for the challenge. As well, I continue to be brought into meetings with my boss to give my opinion on various courses of action. It's all a little overwhelming but is definitely going to give me some valuable experience.

Oooh, and I got a raise today! So, it really was an awesome day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations leah. you deserve this from your career, you definitely put in your time with the negative, now it's time for some positive. yay!

*raises imaginary glass of shiraz to you...*cheers*

4/13/2005 10:42 a.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

thanks, miss k :) did you read my previous post about the $400 airline credit? that's almost exactly the airfare to go to L.A...

4/13/2005 2:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did read that...i am SO glad that all worked out, how awful and messy...but yes, it most certainly is the right amount to get there! i talked to my grandma last nite and she thought it best for me to contact my aunt/uncle by means of a letter. they are very busy...lol. so i will do just that. i will most definitely keep you posted.
*wink*

4/13/2005 2:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home