Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Between Me and You



I came across this book the other day and impulsively bought it. It's intended for a son or daughter to give to his/her father and have them fill it out and return. It asks all sorts of questions that children are often curious to ask their parents but often don't get around to actually asking. Things like:

When did you know that you were in love with Mom?
What was your favourite band growing up?
What do you think is my best quality? My worst?
What characteristics do you think we share?
As you think of your life so far, what are you most proud of?

You get the picture. These are the questions that perfect families would answer just by interacting with each other. My family, however, isn't quite perfect but that doesn't diminish my curiosity to learn more about my Dad and his thoughts.

So, I'm pondering whether I'll give it to him or not. I'm not sure what his reaction would be. I'm not sure if he'd actually fill it out. I'm leaning towards thinking that it's worth a try and hoping that he'll be flattered that I am interested in his thoughts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

anything about the masons in there?

4/12/2005 3:40 a.m.  
Blogger Leah said...

hahaha :)

i don't think there are any mason-specific questions in there but perhaps i can write some in at the back and trick him into answering!

4/12/2005 12:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home