Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Home Again

"And you're back again only different than before..."

My week in Vancouver was fantastic! It was less about what I did there and more about who I was hanging out with. The first part of my trip was spent catching up with Julia (who I hadn't seen since last summer) and the latter part of the trip was spent catching up with Eli (who I hadn't seen for a couple weeks). It felt very cosmopolitan to meet Eli in Vancouver and stay in a nice hotel for a few days.


Vancouver is a beautiful city. Water, mountains, a bustling downtown, cherry blossoms, greenery, rain, activity and adventure everywhere and so much more. It's a city that has captivated me for years. That being said, it was nice to come home today to Edmonton's sunshine and bright blue skies. When we left Vancouver early this morning it was pouring and grey and dismal outside and I'm not sure that I would deal well with that for weeks in a row.

So, what did I get up to in Vancouver? I met some extraordinary people, ate lots of delicious food, drank wine, walked (and walked and walked and walked), saw an amazing concert, explored, kissed and smiled. It was restful and lovely and exactly what I hoped it would be.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome home lady. can't wait to hear all about it. did you say hi to the ocean and mountains for me? (oh, and also all the great shopping and other vancouver stuff?) *sigh* i love it there.

3/09/2006 12:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home