Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Somewhat Boring, Non-Sequitur Entry

HALLELUJAH! I've finally got an FTP client up and running on my computer. Yay! It took a trip to Chapters and pouring over some Linux books to point me in the right direction, but I managed to make it all work. This will likely mean more photos on here once I figure out a viewer-friendly method of organizing them.

Last night, I spoke to Kevin from the bustling metropolis of Peace River where he's been scaffolding for the last little while. Besides being exhausted, he is doing very well! He was talking to me from the lobby of his hotel, and after we had been on the phone for quite some time, a little girl approached him and asked, "why are you talking on the phone for so long?" Pure childlike inquisitiveness. That got a laugh out of both of us.

The Okanagan race is definitely a go now. A few of the detectives in my office and my boss are interested in doing it, so we are going to set up a training schedule and go out for runs in the afternoons. I love the fact that I can incorporate a hobby into my regular work day. I really have a pretty sweet deal here - interesting work, lots of flexibility, good pay, my very own shower, and nice co-workers.

Hmmm, this entry seems like a series of non-sequiturs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home