Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Another 1/2 Marathon

So, I don't know if I'm crazy, a sucker for punishment, or whether I just really enjoy running, but I've decided to train for another 1/2 marathon. This one will be the Okanagan International Marathon in Kelowna on October 9th. Imagine the beauty of running in the fall in the Okanagan! Ooooooh...that already excites me : ) Without a goal in mind, my training really suffers so I'm happy to have decided to make another commitment to running. And, I now have a previous time to beat and that will definitely appeal to my competitive side. The training won't start until June 16th so if any of you Edmonton folks have ever thought about training for a 1/2, you could join me!

My favourite part of the description of the race was "The race begins and ends at Kelowna’s City Park. The course is flat running mainly through the City’s north end and along Lakeshore and Gordon Drive." After Vancouver's very hilly course, flat sounds absolutely divine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home