Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Worst Nightmare!

Oh, I am really, really, really distressed. Yesterday, while poking around my mouth with my tongue, I realized that a big piece of one of my molars had broken off and in its place is a big hole! To put it in perspective, imagine about 1/6th of your biggest tooth just cracking away in one solid, pie-shaped piece. I don't remember it happening which is almost as distressing. Late last night and all day today my tooth has been throbbing but I'm too filled with anxiety to go do anything about it. I know that I have to but my biggest fear (even bigger than spiders and creepy crawly things) is going to the dentist. I go for regular cleanings but I absolutely hate doing so. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I am so upset that this has happened : (

I think part of why I am so worried is because about 2 years ago another one of my teeth broke but just a teeny, tiny bit and it resulted in me having to have a root canal on that tooth. That was extremely painful and expensive and since this tooth is so much larger, I can only imagine what the dentist is going to have to do. Yet, I'm worried that the throbbing pain will get exponentially worse the longer that I wait. Plus, what if the rest of that tooth crumbles apart?!?! Eeeeeeeeeep!

I need to breathe in some medical-grade nitrous. Does anyone have a dentist that actually uses nitrous? I'm serious!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Alright, I have an appointment at 10am tomorrow morning. I am officially anxious :(

On the upside, the dentist that I'm going to see advertises that he offers a variety of "sedation methods". I'm not exactly sure what that means but I hope that when he sees me shaking in the waiting room that he will take pity on me.

Ugh.

5/25/2005 2:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

leah,
there is one dentist in town that has been having malpractice issues, that advertises such methods. beware. diamond dental a couple doors down, friends of my doctors, are wonderful. and he's JEWISH!!! LOLOL. but married, so no worries. anyhow, they use happy gas and their patients have nothing but good to say about them? call me if you want info.
sorry about your tooth hun. i have great teeth, but HUGE dentist anxiety, like i cry pretty much everytime i go, lol...so i "get it"...

5/25/2005 2:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home